Pinto Beans, Quinoa and Corn – Recipe
Dry pinto beans with some fresh quinoa and corn provide a healthy and vegetarian friendly dinner option. Check out the recipe below to liven up your dry pinto beans!
Don’t forget to soak your dry pinto beans the day before you plan to prepare this meal. Soaking dry pinto beans for at least 24 hours with a pinch of salt and pepper can provide a nice prep for your dry pinto beans before you add them to the rest of the ingredient list. This recipe below will make enough for 8 people.
Here are the ingredients you will need:
– 8 cups F.Garcia Dry Pinto Beans
– 1 cup of uncooked Quinoa
– 1 cup of Corn
– 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
– 2 cups of broth or “Mojo”
– 1 white Onion, finely chopped
– 4 cloves of Garlic, finely chopped
– 4 whole Green Peppers, finely chopped
– 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
– 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
– Salt and Pepper as you see fit
* Dry pinto beans should have already been soaked for 24 hours.
1. Bring your Olive Oil to medium temp in your large saucepan. Stir in peppers, onions, garlic and cilantro and sauté lightly.
2. Add quinoa and corn with “Mojo” to your saucepan and let soak in flavors of sauté for 15 minutes. Add in your seasonings and cilantro and let the mixture simmer for 30 minutes.
3. Now add in your dry pinto beans which should have soaked for 24 hours and cook for another 30 minutes. Bring down heat to low and prepare to serve.